|resources:||Home Mailing List Installation Source Code Members Bugs Screenshots|
- The IndicIME can also be integrated into your webpage or website or webapp. Check out the source section to download this module. Released on 1 December '2006.
- The IndicIME Toolbar for FireFox2.0 browser was released at here on 3 November 2006
- The IndicIME Toolbar for Thunderbird2.0a1 was released at here on 3 November 2006
The indicime project was started to address the need of typing in Indian Languages in Web forms, Emails etc. Such tools are available for Windows XP users through the Language packs or on Trail and User basis from different vendors. But for Linux users, there are no such tools available unless the entire system or the application is Localized to the Indian Languages. This IndicIME toolbar will serve the purpose of those users who want to key in text in Indian Languges in Web pages, but doesn't want to localize their entire Operating System or Browser Application.
The Toolbar will be installed in both the Navigator Window and Composer Window for Mozilla and Netscape browsers and on the Navigator window for Mozilla Firefox. Netscape users can type data in the composer window in HTMLSource mode and can save that data on to hard disk or can take a hard copy of the same. But this doesn't work with Mozilla's composer.
This IndicIME Toolbar has facility for users to type in following Indian Language scripts
- Devanagari (Hindi, Sanskrit, Marathi)
- Gurumukhi (Punjabi)
This IndicIME toolbar is tested in following browsers
- Thanks to S A R A I for supporting this effort.
- The idea of developing Indic IME extension came from the concept of Bookmarklets which we came to know from T.B.Dinesh [ Technical Director of Servelots Infotech Pvt.Ltd ] and Pramod Mundhra.
- Thanks to Chris Pederick, the author of Webdeveloper toolbar in clearing some of our queries
- Thanks to Dr.Vineet Chaitanya, for guiding and encouraging us.
- Thanks to all the users who have been using the toolbar and providing their valuable suggestions/feedback.